Sunday, May 25, 2008

how to piss off a bear.




yep, it happened finally.


i almost was bear food. and it was all my fault.


story- i like to go on pisgah rides by myself. its relaxing and i don't really know anybody in brevard to ride with yet, so it is the way things are for me right now. i also like singlespeeds. single speeds are quiet, solo rides are quiet. you can get the picture, i see a lot of animals on my rides, especially bears. they don't really bother me, i used to be scared of them but now they just are big clumsy squirrels to me. or so i thought. i was climbing into the top of bennetts gap the other day and when i got to feild i see a big ol bear lumbering around eating shrubs and stuff. i thought cool and waited for it to get off the trail a little bit and headed on my merry (ignorant) way across the field. i get about halfway, watching big bear bear the whole time when on the other side of me i hear a rustling. i look over and see two cubs about 5 feet from me playing. oh shit. i turn back around an momma bear is in full on sprint headed towards me. oh shit. i quickly backed my self out of the way of her cubs and got my bike in between me and her just as she stops about 15 or so feet from me. she was freakin huge!! how do i know? cause she stood up and made all these crazy noises that in bear talk mean "fuck off, im going to eat you, bearblasting aint doing shit for you now huh bitch?" i quickly got back to the edge of the field and watched her watching me for a few minutes. it was pretty obvious she wasnt about to let me by, so i had to abandon the ride and go back to the car. i was ok with it though because i still have all my body parts in one piece.


and thats how you piss off a bear.


dano out.

2 comments:

EL SandPine said...

dammm.... my #1 fear when I go up north. I can just hope to have had a hart attack and die before being eating alive by one of those.

kd.og. said...

yikes.