Friday, February 27, 2009

Revisions

Recently i was informed that i'm not allowed to talk shit if i can't back it up.

seems reasonable.

the reasoning was then told to me also. i was told that i always fall short when it comes to my goals.

also seems reasonable.

so what do you do when you can't seem to reach your goals?

do you try harder? do you buy a powertap?

hell no! im an american.

i'll just set lower goals.

so, without further ado i present the newly revised GOALS OF 2009.

1. My previous first goal was to win the Omnium natl championship. this seems rather lofty now.
lets bring it down a few levels. now my goal is to get a top 10 at a sport serc race this year. i think i can do this if i eat my wheaties and pray a lot. i might also invest in a new skinsuit.


2. This was to try and keep up with the young guns. screw that! that means suffering and i don't suffer. New goal is to see just how fast they can drop me. this means i can just continue on drinking beer and not riding and still finish my goal. i bet i can get pulled before 4 minutes in at every short track i race this year.

3. 12 hrs of Tsali. i've got teammates on this one so i can't just blow it off and sit on my couch. so my goal will to be to finish an entire lap without stopping. if im in the shape i think ill be in by then i might be able to pull this one off, but you never know.

ok, so now with the goals revised i think i just might be able to shake the habit of setting high goals and then failing all the time. nobody likes a loser, so i'll try to appease the masses.

and a few more goals before we go...

5 1/2. finally, maybe, hopefully, i'll get over this feline leukemia thats been plaguing me.

6. talk less shit. like a lot less, cause people are pissed.

im sorry,

dano out.

2 comments:

Michael Viertel said...

power taps suck.


and goals and expectations just lead to disappointment

Dan Ennis said...

ah yes, but i feel i might be able to make the 3rd goal if i apply my self like my momma says.