Tuesday, March 25, 2008

dang...

I got the right fork for the Villin today. I rode the bike at Hanna park sunday and thought it was pretty cool, but a little slow handling. i liked how it could roll over shit like that gravedigger monster truck but i wasn't very happy with the sluggish handling that I'm sure the old guys and crap bike handlers that i see on 29ers normally love. i like my bikes to feel twitchy though. i run non suspension corrected forks on my SS normally and its perfect for Florida trails where cornering skill is king. well, the new fork sits 2 inches lower and gave the bike a 72 degree head angle. That bike came alive! i can't wait for the maxxis rubber and 28 inch bars friday. the bike already corners better than any xc bike I've ridden and its got some shite bonti tires on it right now. this is gonna be fun.

Tonight is the hounddogs 46Th b-day so he gets to pick the route for the ride. he's keeping it under wraps, but sources speculate we'll be heading out to the well fields tonight. sandy fire roads, joy. at least there will be plenty of sierra to drown my sorrows in afterward. maybe we'll hit benland on the way back. that is bar none my favorite town trail. Lowe's is fun too but nothing beats the pure speed and tech on benland. reminds me of razorback.

i miss that place.

dano out.

late edit: I threw up after the final sprint to the bar tonight. it sucked, and i had to go home with out any beer. pissed.

1 comment:

Tarsier Lights said...

You only had me by about 4 bike lengths, but I was cheating cause I got gears on my freeride bike. That sprint was f'n fun.