Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Trainwreck night

I try to be good, i swear.

I guess it's just how it goes. Every time i think i may be getting on the high road, some situation comes along and drags me back down. Its pretty much totally my doing too. sometimes i think it may be the Florida raising, i just can't escape it because its me. I was raised that way i guess. Maybe not, who knows. I thought i might grow out of the rowdy side of things but I'm not so sure anymore. if anything its accelerating- that worries me a little bit. My boys are settling down, moving in with steady's, buying houses, getting real jobs, etc. I'm going the opposite. I own less, care less, and want less than 5 years ago. its a weird backpedal for sure. not really sure what to make of it.

So anyone got any solutions here? i kinda feel like I'm spiraling and i can't stop.

I'm worried.

Dano out.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Dude, time to give back. Why not do PeaceCorps for two years, live in a foreign land, and fully revel in owning nothing?

Doug said...

If you are that worried about it, change who you are around. But what is good for others is anyways best for you. I have no idea what you are referring too, but don't try to be an "adult" too early. Here are my rules:

1. Don't live in debt.
2. Don't do anything to get put in jail.
3. Ride as hard as you can all the time.
4. Never ride a 29er.
5. Be loyal to yourself and others.
6. Ride as much as you can.

Tyler Crotts said...

Dano you got it more figured out than most of the people I know. As long as you don't start drinkin grandes every night and doing nothing all day I think you're doin a great job. Don't beat yourself up. You got a good head on your shoulders. Maybe you outta let that "florida raisin" come out a little more. You might find something in there of value. I know the older I get the more my parents, and where I come from make sense.

You live in a great place with some great people. Don't worry so much about everybody else and just keep doing you and makin Dano happy. And, remember, the plan you told me about when I asked you about your summer plans- that outta help out a lot.

To refresh you memory it involved a couple of your favorite things- bike shops, riding, beer, and women.